The picture says it all. No longer will we ever see pictures like this -
To say I am completely heartbroken over this year’s Grey’ Anatomy season finale is an understatement. And moreso when we will never ever see Lexie again. Even Teddy (Kim Rayver) – I love Teddy! She was the perfect mentor for someone like Cristina. But I guess as the storyline goes – she needs to leave Seattle Grace to leave ghosts behind.
1. The plane crash was not explained in full detail. I think it will be covered more in Season 9. There is no first aid kit nor a raypak – the surgeons need to improvise. Meredith Grey even did a McGyver and pinned Derek’s hands!
2. Letting Lexie die in the first 20mins into the episode was a first.
3. What will happen to Derek’s hand?
4. Will Mark Sloan die? (In an interview Shonda Rhimes said we should not discount any of the ones in the crash will live. Since the original cast members – Cristina, Meredith and Derek – have all renewed their contracts, that lives us with Mark and Arizona. Based on news, it seems Arizona is here to stay. Will Mark die too?)
5. Shonda believes the Sloan and Lexie were MEANT TO BE. That’s why they both said it.
I have my own theories on what happens in Season 9:
1. With Teddy gone, there is a cardio attending slot in Seattle Grace, and Cristina will be perfect for it.
2. With Arizona having a bone sticking out in her thigh, Karev might need to stay until she recovers.
3. Mark Sloan is depressed and Avery fills in the Plastics Attending.
4. Derek’s hand is mangled, no Harvard offer so they stay in Seattle.
5. Cristina and Owen get back together. They.just.need.to.