This holiday season, acclaimed filmmaker Cameron Crowe (Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous) directs an amazing and true story about a single dad who decides his family needs a fresh start, so he and his two children move to the most unlikely of places: a zoo. With the help of an eclectic staff, and with many misadventures along the way, the family works to return the dilapidated zoo to its former wonder and glory. — (C) Official Site
I find the first part dragging but loved the resolution towards the end. I think they could have done off without the romantic angle between Matt Damon and Scarlet Johanssen though. This type of movie give you the warm fuzzies but not all the time.
This is not just another mission. The IMF is shut down when it’s implicated in a global terrorist bombing plot. Ghost Protocol is initiated and Ethan Hunt and his rogue new team must go undercover to clear their organization’s name. No help, no contact, off the grid. You have never seen a mission grittier and more intense than this. — (C) Paramount
I am not a huge fan of action flicks – the only reason why I watch them is because 1) my husband watches them and 2) I know the stars in the movie. But MI4: Ghost Protocol was riveting, fast-paced, action-packed without all the gorry action scenes I hate in an action movie. It doesn’t hurt that Tom Cruise is still easy on the eyes – I heard he did all the stunts including the death-defying stunt climbing in the Dubai high-rise building.
I look forward to another installment of the movie and cannot wait what Ethan Hunt does next.
The world’s deadliest CIA operatives are inseparable partners and best friends until they fall for the same woman. Having once helped bring down entire enemy nations, they are now employing their incomparable skills and an endless array of high-tech gadgetry against their greatest nemesis ever – each other. — (C) Fox
I like anything Reese Witherspoon stars in but this movie doesn’t quite live up to the Sweet Home Alabama standard I hold so highly. It’s a great chick flick, since the woman needs to decide between two hot men, but personally I would have stuck with her non-choice, the British guy.
And then they were down to two – Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez!
It was a tight show – with the two contestants giving it more than their all, definitely in the idol zone. I am partial to Jessica but cannot deny the fact the Phillip is “in it to win it” too, with his complete image set for an album and stardom. Jessica needs a good management team to showcase her blues, talent and voice but still make her look like 16. Pretty Polly suspender tights definitely should not be in her wardrobe yet.
Here’s a recap:
JS: I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston)
PP: Stand By Me (Ben King)
JS: The Prayer
PP: Moving Out (Billy Joel)
3rd round: Original Singles
JS: Change Nothing
For me, Phillip took home the night – but Jessica will win. That’s my fearless forecast for ya!
The finale night got them singing with their idols and in an anti-climactic announcement (after Jessica Sanchez’s historical duet with Jennifer Holliday to the song And I am Telling You) – Phillip Phillips was crowned American Idol. The White Guy With Guitar won again, for the 5th straight season! Some critics say that American Idol should invest on an RME Fireface guitar center since winners play the guitar.
I love Phillip and I am sure to buy his album but you got to agree that Jessica owned the night!
The picture says it all. No longer will we ever see pictures like this -
To say I am completely heartbroken over this year’s Grey’ Anatomy season finale is an understatement. And moreso when we will never ever see Lexie again. Even Teddy (Kim Rayver) – I love Teddy! She was the perfect mentor for someone like Cristina. But I guess as the storyline goes – she needs to leave Seattle Grace to leave ghosts behind.
1. The plane crash was not explained in full detail. I think it will be covered more in Season 9. There is no first aid kit nor a raypak – the surgeons need to improvise. Meredith Grey even did a McGyver and pinned Derek’s hands!
2. Letting Lexie die in the first 20mins into the episode was a first.
3. What will happen to Derek’s hand?
4. Will Mark Sloan die? (In an interview Shonda Rhimes said we should not discount any of the ones in the crash will live. Since the original cast members – Cristina, Meredith and Derek – have all renewed their contracts, that lives us with Mark and Arizona. Based on news, it seems Arizona is here to stay. Will Mark die too?)
5. Shonda believes the Sloan and Lexie were MEANT TO BE. That’s why they both said it.
I have my own theories on what happens in Season 9:
1. With Teddy gone, there is a cardio attending slot in Seattle Grace, and Cristina will be perfect for it.
2. With Arizona having a bone sticking out in her thigh, Karev might need to stay until she recovers.
3. Mark Sloan is depressed and Avery fills in the Plastics Attending.
4. Derek’s hand is mangled, no Harvard offer so they stay in Seattle.
5. Cristina and Owen get back together. They.just.need.to.
TVD season 3 finale
So what have we learned so far, in addition to knowing Tyler isn’t a fan of the wall fireplace at Caroline’s house?
1. Alaric is gone. Dead. But don’t discount the fact that he won’t return. In TVD, ghosts are a natural occurrence.
2. Klaus escapes death and goes into Tyler’s body – so what happens to Tyler? AND Caroline-Tyler?
3. What’s the deal Bonnie did with Klaus?
4. Elena chooses Stefan – saying to Damon, “If only we met first.”
5. Flashback to Damon’s memory of actually meeting Elena first, only compelling her to forget.
6. Elena turns.
So her memory will return in Season 4 – what will happen to Damon then?
1. The amazing season finale of The Vampire Diaries – now I cannot wait until fall!
2. The cliffhanger of an episode of Grey’s Anatomy – please do NOT let Lexie die!
3. The top 3 contestants in American Idol – Go BB Chez aka Jessica Sanchez (or should it be the other way around?)
4. Secret Circle ends with a full circle.
5. New Girl gets renewed!
And all I’m waiting for is the last two episodes of How I Met Your Mother and Glee – and I’m all set for a great boat seating for our beach trip at the end of the month!
Bring it on!