Have you seen the reality TV show Hell’s Kitchen? It is a cooking show competition hosted by Chef Gordon Ramsay. There will be two teams competing against each other and when there are only six contestants left, the two teams will be merge into one where they will all compete for the title.
Each team or individuals will be given team or individual cooking challenge and who ever wins will get a rewards. There will also be dinner service where the Hell’s Kitchen restaurant will be open to the public and each team will have to prepare the food that should pass Chef Gordon’s taste. Chef Ramsay will supervise the dinner service and he will examine each plate that comes out of the kitchen for taste and appearance. Teams will be lucky if they will be able to pull the dinner service off without getting one plate being thrown out of the garbage as Chef Ramsay can easily trash one dish if it did not pass his standards and the contestants is sure to hear nasty words from him.
But contestants still take all this pressure because aside from the monetary prize, they were able to get the best culinary and restaurant training from one of the best chefs in the world plus the opportunity to be the head chef of one of Chef Ramsay’s high-end restos.
Chef Gordon may be rude but he is just doing this as he knows how stressful and difficult the restaurant business is and he wants the contestants to realize this so they will learn how to handle the pressure and succeed. Restaurant owners must be able to achieve high standards to attract customers and be ahead of its other competitors.
But a competent chef and a good team of managers and servers is still not enough to be on top in the restaurant business. They have to have an efficient tool that will take some of the tasks off the hands of the chefs and servers so they can concentrate more in providing better service to their customers.
One of these tools is a restaurant point of sale software and when it comes to POS software, Volante Systems tops the list.
Volante Systems provide point of sale system like coffee shop pos, bar pos, restaurant pos and more for all types of food and hospitality establishments, be it a quick service or table service restaurant; a stadium or a resort; a school cafeteria and more.
Let us take a look at Volante’s restaurant software so you will be convince at how it can make the life of a restaurant owner easier:
1. Tab Management. As the cliché goes, customers are always right and no restaurant owner or manager can’t say no to special requests by customers like meal substitutes, split orders and the like and Volante’s Tab Management has the feature that can help deal with difficult situations such as this.
2. Table Management. Volante’s restaurant software has a table management feature that helps servers in tracking floor plans and individual seats with real-time status so they can easily find a table for their customers minimizing the waiting and queuing time.
3. Payment Management. Volante has a sophisticated Payment Management system that can handle unlimited number of financial transactions.
4. Customer Database. Volante systems maintains a customer database that stores and tracks customer information like transaction history of all meals, purchases and services, special care notification and more. Having this information at hand can help restaurant owners and managers to provide better service to customers to convince them to come back
5. Labor Management. The Volante restaurant POS can handle attendance tracking, scheduling of staff, job configurations and more.
Indeed Volante is more than just the regular POS as it can be the best tool to provide quality service to customers and thus can lead to business success.