After much anticipation, Amazon has finally released the new models of Kindle and the Kindle Fire tablet. The Kindle Fire Tablet is priced at $199 and is slated to compete with Apple’s iPad.
With a full-color touchscreen, a cloud-based browser, dual-core processor and more, this is an affordable alternative for anyone who’s ever asked the question “Kindle or iPad?” I am sure there will be a lot of cross country conference call rates between family members about this one especially since Christmas is just around the corner.
Other features include:
* Thousands of apps in the Amazon appstore
* More than a thousand beautifully illustrated children’s books
* Free instant streaming of movies and TV shows for Amazon Prime members
* Adobe Flash Player
* Free AmazonCloud storage
* Extra durable screen
* Whispersync technology
Pre-order yours today, and they will be shipped on a first come, first service basis starting November 15th.
It seems that small IS in, when it comes to gadgets that is. My cousin has been looking at mini portables for the longest time, trying to decide which one she should get. She is still studying in college so she needs something compact and functional enough to do word processing, check e-mails and store files for Powerpoint presentations with.
And these netbooks are stylish too!
I am minutes away from watching the season premier of TVD! I havent been able to follow the series but had the chance during summer hiatus since this was recommended by a friend. I wasn’t into it too much until Season 2, and I am glad I somehow stuck through it. I am on a self-declared break so I can watch the series!!
And some links for fellow fangirls:
Songs from Season 3 Episode 1
The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 1, “The Birthday” Recap: Let’s Play Darts
I haven’t donned a nurse uniform in years but I’ve been wearing my best Smurfy hat ever since my daughter and I started playing the Smurf’s Village app together.
Smurfs’ Village is a free social game for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad where players must help our blue buddies rebuild their home after Gargamel discovers it and scatters the Smurfs throughout the forest. The game features popular Smurfs like Brainy Smurf, Papa Smurf, and Smurfette. What is the player’s objective? Make the new Smurf Village better than the last.
While the app seems inspired by games like Farmville, Smurfs Village stands out because the gameplay offers more than just simple, mindless clicking. Entertaining mini-games litter the village, offering simple but varied fun. You’ll quickly learn there is more to Smurf culture than blue skin and farming.
The last time I got addicted to playing games like this was when I was hooked in Cafe World (Facebook). And yes, I even pay for Smurfberries (though I have stopped already). We are now on level 22 and hopefully I can arrange our village. It’s hard to decorate it when I am stuck with a small screen (iPhone) and I have big fingers.
The family now has the XBox Kinect, thanks to my husband’s passionate obsession with it when we were in Singapore last month. It was an unplanned payment and I was worried we would not be able to do an ach payment for it on time, but all is well.
We bond over its games during the weekends at home. Instead of having controllers, everything is sensor-driven so we also get a work out as well. I cannot wait until I have enough money to buy the Kinect Shape Up – it calculates the calories you burn with each exercise!
I’ve yet to give my take on the following movies and TV series I have seen, too busy right now to give a proper review, but it will come soon. I am busy assisting my husband look for tire chains.
1. Friends with Benefits
2. Water for Elephants
3. Game of Thrones
As you know, I am a sucker for chick flicks and romance novels so I was pleasantly surprised I loved Game of Thrones.
There was a news feature awhile back that said the more individuals are choosing to ride motorcycles than drive cars these days and are even using it as their primary form of transportation.
It also enumerated the benefits of riding a motorcycle:
1. It is highly economical and saves a lot of money. A tank of gas can cover a lot of mileage already. In many cases, riders are able to get up to 48 miles per gallon with their motorcycles.
2. Used or even brand-new motorcycles are cheaper than used cars. Motorcycles are also more affordable when it comes to maintenance. A motorcycle battery needs little to no maintenance at all and you can even get discount batteries at a battery store.
3. Motorcycles are better for the environment since they give off much less harmful carbon emissions.
4. Motorcycles are more flexible and easier to maneuver than other vehicles. They allow riders to go through car pool lanes and have better parking spaces.
5. Motorcycle drivers say that they are less likely to fall asleep when riding than driving a car. The noise around them and the wind in their faces help keep them awake.