More than ever, it is now that people should be concerned with their environment. Having abused our planet for several decades and centuries and millennia, we are reaping the consequences of the wrong doings we have done, now. If each of us will not do our part to somehow contribute in deterring the destruction of our little corner, we will all suffer sooner than later.
Action starts within our own self. We should do something to improve on our environment. We start within our own home. We talk with our own family members and agree to be part of those who will take care of our own little corner of the world. If you are alone in the family, then you can list of reasons why you should start and bring the idea to your family. List the pros and cons. Surely the benefits will be more. It’s your life. It’s your family members’ lives. When you all agree, it will show and your light will shine.
What can you do?
1. Do not buy stuff you do not need.
2. If you need them, choose those that are recyclable.
3. If nothing is recyclable and you need it, take care of it and have it repaired when it stops working.
4. Share with others instead of just throwing stuff away, your trash can be someone else’s treasure.
5. Organize or segregate your trash to make it easy for the trash collector to put them in proper places. They still recycle what stuff are recyclable.
6. Let your light shine by letting others know that you are into helping the environment. You can do some green fundraising yourself so more people will notice. You can look into green fundraising ideas on the internet. I’m sure there are stuff that will interest you and your family and friends. With the current situation of the earth, you can be relieved that more people support environmental fundraising than any political kind.
I need to blog about this instead of finding out how natalie portman’s engagement ring looks like. If I don’t do it today, I might forget about it.
We watched Kung Fu Panda 2 over the weekend and the kids loved it – I did too. What I always love about Disney movies is that they always have good lessons to accompany every movie they make.
In this movie, Po was in a quest to find inner peace. And he found it, without much drama and full of comedic antics that really reminded me of Jack Black, only Po was more adorable.
Lord Shen: The only reason you are still alive is that I find your stupidity mildly amusing.
Po: Well thank you, but I find your evilness extremely annoying!
Lord Shen: Who do you think you are, Panda?
Po: Who do you think I am, Peacock?
Who doesn’t love books written by Nicholas Sparks? I got curious about his work when I saw the movie Message in a Bottle, and then after that I became hooked reading his books. I cried buckets of tears and bawled like a baby when I watched A Walk to Remember (the book did the same thing) and I cannot stop thinking about The Notebook after I have read it. My maternal grandmother died from Alzheimer’s too and it can be genetic and passes on every other generation. I often wonder what if I would have it too? Would my husband be a Noah?
Anyway, one of the things I love about his books is the setting. A trademark of Sparks’ books is the story almost always happens in North or South Carolina (where he currently resides), where most myrtle beach rentals are always booked. I am amazed that such a picturesque beach setting exists! No wonder myrtle beach rentals are so popular.
I first thought it was just a figment of his imagination but when I saw the movies – Last Song, Dear John – I fell in love with South Carolina. I know that when the time comes I would go with family and live on myrtle beach rentals for the entire summer if I can help it and live along the beach.
A friend of mine will be leaving a very lucrative and promising career soon. She will turn 31 this year and she and her husband have been trying to have a baby for almost two years now. She has decided to leave her job in order to focus on her health and their efforts to successfully have a child.
Although she has no regrets over her decision, she cannot help but wish that she can ensure her fertility chances even while pursuing her career. While researching all about fertility a few months ago, she learned about Fertility Preservation for those with cancer. Nowadays, Cancer Fertility is possible with sperm and ‘Egg Storage. She cannot help but wish that she could also go for fertility preservation just to guarantee that they will be able to have babies even a few years from now.
Right now, she is going on a diet and has enrolled herself in a gym. Since she is overweight, she plans to address that problem first so that she will find it easier to conceive. She is also on fertility workups and she just wants to decrease the stress in her life. I am praying that they would finally get blessed with a baby. I’m sure saying goodbye to her career will all be worth it once she gets those two pink lines.
I am a woman who belongs to the age group that is right smack on the center of our reproductive years. It’s either we read books about pregnancy advice and digest every type of pregnancy information we can read or hear, unsolicited advice or not, or we read chick lit books.
And let’s face it, it is much more appealing to divert our attention to the land of romance, comedy and fantasy than focus on womens health.
Lately, my friends and I have been engrossed in exchanging e-books. Most of us have smartphones (an android, a Kindle, iPad or an iPhone) that we have taken to reading ebooks on our spare time. Most of the books we have been reading are light reads – aka what the modern world now calls chick lit.
Chick Lit – which is an abbreviated term for Chick (Girl) Literature – is now considered a type of fiction which addresses issues of modern womanhood, in comedic and often light tones. Feminists have gone as far to say that it is literature written by women FOR women. . In fact, most of these books have already been produced into rom-com movies!
From the Shopaholic Series to Bridget Jones’ Diary and Sex and the City, I have noticed that English (UK) women writers are hilarious. I love Kinsella (and Rebecca Bloomwood, even if she is crazy!) and Sex and the City books have become the modern woman’s bible of sorts, especially to quote witty sayings.
Here is a list of popular chick lit books according to GoodReads.com. :
1. Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella)
2. Bridget Jones’ Diary (Helen Fielding)
3. The Devil Wears Prada (Lauren Weisberger)
4. Can You Keep A Secret? (Sophie Kinsella)
5. The Undomestic Goddess (Sophie Kinsella)
6. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic 2)
7. Good in Bed (Jennifer Weiner)
8. Something Borrowd (Emily Griffin)
9. Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic 3)
10. Remember Me? (Sophie Kinsella)
11. Have you read any of the books?
Studies show that almost 70% of kids today are either overweight, obese or have a tendency to become one. They have cited a sedentary lifestyle (couch potatoes, prefer to play on the computer than play outside), advancements in technology (everything can be done with a remote control) and poor diet choices – we live off in fast foods, processed foods and “biggie-sized” meals.
Now wonder we are all getting bigger. Doctors say that obesity will become the no.1 disease causing mortality in the years to come if we do not change our ways. So how do we go on about changing our diet preferences? For adults, we might need to go on those Detox Diets For Weight Loss to be able to get rid of the sugar and carbs our body has been addicted of.
For kids, it is easier. We just need to give them healthier food – natural food is better. It is time we support organic produce as well. You can order ‘Organic Food Online. There are just too many snacks and products in the grocery store that claim all of them are “especially made” for children. However, you have to be really careful because not all of them are healthy for your kid.
Here are some suggestions when choosing Healthy Snacks For Kids:
1. Read the label carefully. Look at the nutritional information at the back of the label. Sugar is your main concern – check how many grams of sugar are in the snack per serving. Your goal is to limit the sugar consumption of your child each day.
2. Watch out for fat and sodium. Crackers, meat, and cheese are the three things that every toddler loves. However, these things are loaded with sodium.
3. Yogurt instead of ice cream.
4. Home-made Pizza instead of take-out pizza. You can use mini bagels or a hot dog bun and add your kid’s favorite toppings on it.
5. Cut up muffins with fruits. Toddlers are likely to eat anything small and bite-sized.
Natural Health And Beauty‘ should be enhanced by what we eat, not by what we wear.
I might just be reading up on conjugated linoleic acid and not totally be excited for tomorrow, but Glee’s season finale will be tomorrow!!!
As much as I will really miss Glee (until Season 3), I am excited to see the episode, after religiously following forums for spoilers, taking in photo over photo and following tweets from the cast.
Here is the ‘New York’ Song List:
1. New Directions, ‘I Love New York/New York, New York’ (Madonna/’On the Town’)
2. Sam, Artie and Puck, ‘Bella Notte’ (from ‘Lady & the Tramp’)
3. Rachel and Kurt, ‘For Good’ (from ‘Wicked the Musical’)
4. Sunshine Corazon, ‘As Long as You’re There’ (Original Song)
5. Rachel and Finn, ‘Pretending’ (Original Song)
6. New Directions, ‘Light Up The World’ (Original Song)
7. Female Competitive Group, ‘Yeah!’ (Usher)
8. Will, ‘Still Got Tonight’ (Matthew Morrison)
9. Brittany and Artie, ‘My Cup’ (Original Song)
Yes, Rachel and Finn will kiss during their performance.
As if you didn’t know.