Most women need to work to augment the husband’s income to support the family. It provides them the option to work full time, part time, and even work from home. Due to advancements on communication technology, more people are choosing to work from home. Business run virtual offices and employers can do outsourcing to maintain quality of work. They can hire a good programmer or assistant even if they live across the globe.
It can benefit both the employer and employee.
Fewer employees at the office means lower consumption in everything: lower electricity consumption, less office furniture to buy, less coffee to provide for, less supplies such as papers, folder and everything else.
Employers can also transfer to a smaller office to rent and have his employees rotate on when to report for work. Business runs as usual, with the same amount of manpower, with less space needed. It can also mean more work time and less sick leaves from employees as people tend to be happier when they free reign on their time. They can schedule their time running errands, being with family all the while being on call and working for the office. Technology these days allow employers to call employees at virtually no cost – the internet has VOIP, e-mail and chat.
The advantages for working at home are endless.
1. You can save time on the commute to and from the office. You can spend the time commuting to and fro the office actually working and from there,
2. You can save money on transportation. You do not even need a car to work. This can automatically save you monthly gas expenses, parking expenses and toll rates. Even if you take the bus or train, you will save a lot.
3. You save money on food. You do not need to eat out, or set aside a budget for working lunches. You eat at home all the time.
4. Deductible expenses. If you work from home, you can demand your employer to take care of your Internet and phone bills.
5. Flexible schedule. You do not need to clock in for work and actually work. As long as you meet deadlines and deliverables and your employer is satisfied with your output, he would not care if you do it at 2AM or 2PM.
6. Increased productivity. This actually depends on how you manage your time. But the time spent commuting from work and socializing with co-workers will allow you to get more work done.
7. Less stress and anxiety. As mentioned on the point above, commute and office gossip can cause stress and anxiety. Eliminate them and you actually end up happier.
8. Lower childcare expenses if you have children. You no longer need to pay for childcare!
9. No dress code
10. More time for oneself and one’s children. You can take up a hobby, read, watch movies you have missed and enjoy your children. You can pick them up at school or wait for them at home and you can go to the park and enjoy a stroll. Studies have shown that when employees have more time to be with their families or to do things for themselves, they’re happier people. Happier people are less stressed out and are less likely to make mistakes.
This is one of the new writing projects of the author, AbieL, who is a professional blogger and writer. She writes about norton antivirus coupon code 2010 and godaddy discount for You Love Coupons website and Business Opportunities Expo.