The garage floors are the most worn and battered floors in most houses. Car tires, heavy foot traffic, dirty equipment, and tools, are just some of the usual burdens of any garage floor. One of the best ways to protect it is by making it into an epoxy floor.
Epoxy flooring is quickly becoming very popular for use in garages because of its durability and strength. Aside from these, it is very easy to clean and many people like having a glossy garage floor. If you want your garage to have an epoxy floorcoating, below is a simple guide that could help you.
1. Buy the necessary materials from a nearby hardware store. You would need etching solution, concrete primer, paint roller, vinyl chips, broom, epoxy, and clear coat.
2. First thing you should do is to clean the garage floor by sweeping all debris away.
3. Mix the etching solution as directed and apply it on your garage floor. Let it set for five minutes then rinse it thoroughly.
4. Let the floor dry then sweep it again.
5. Use the concrete primer to coat the floor.
6. Prepare the epoxy as directed then spread it onto your garage floor using a roller brush.
7. Spread the vinyl chips over the epoxy coating.
8. Wait until the next day then sweep the floor to remove any excess vinyl chips.