1. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was 3, I told everyone I like to be “just like my mommy!” At six, I wanted to be a teacher. By the age of 8, I knew I wanted to be a doctor. That has not changed. I’m now a licensed medical technologist and a licensed nurse.
2. Did you ever pursue that career?
Yes, but due to being a mommy to two kids, it needed to take a backseat for now.
3. If you are not in that field, what changed?
I am involved with computers.
4. What is your current job?
I work at home. Take care of the kids. Since the husband is at the city during weekdays to work, I get to be dad too – do all the dirty work like take the trash out, replace light bulbs and water filters and clean toilets and fans. Such a *nice* job!
5. What’s the best part of what you do?
Being able to know you are the singular person in this world which has brought one human being into this world.
6. Do you have plans to do something else down the road?
I still want to be a doctor.
7. How did you get your present job? If you are a stay at home mom, how long did you need to plan that move?
I stay at home. It took me two years to finally get up the courage to quit my job.
8. Did your parents influence your choices of jobs over the years?
No. They are very supportive.
9. What advice would you give your children on careers?
Love what you do so it doesn’t become work.