1. It’s time for some serious budget planning! First days of the month do that to me, we need to SAVE SAVE SAVE!
2. I love living in the suburbs; it’s not a bad place for raising a family.
3. I must be expecting – my period has not come for three weeks already!
4. Learning about motherhood and breastfeeding is the best thing I have ever known.
5. My weight is simply depressing.
6. The last time I laughed really loudly was just last night.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to submitting all work and hearing mass, tomorrow my plans include cleaning the house and Sunday, I want to rest!
Technorati Tags: Friday Fill-Ins
What’s the funniest book you’ve read recently?
You probably would not appreciate the humor of Bob Ong books. He writes in my native tongue (Filipino) and writes about ordinary lives with a humorous sometimes satirical twist. His books are a light read, excellent for passing time and keeping yourself entertained.
I guarantee you will chuckle or even guffaw among yourselves when reading his books.
1. Birds chirping during the first few hours of the morning.
2. Crickets during night.
3. My kids’ giggles and laughter.
4. My husband’s whispers.
5. The ringing bell of the ice cream man.
6. Gong Yoo’s voice (He speaks Korean and I don’t understand a thing he is saying yet I love it anyways)
7. Bass sounds when I need to work.
8. The sound of a saxophone when I want to sleep.
9. The yelling of “Oppa!” during Greek weddings.
10. My kids’ calling me Mommy. Beats everything on this list. Tops
Technorati Tags: Ten on Tuesday
I discovered Kurt when I was blogging in LJ before. I was heartbroken, struggling and ideally in love with the idea of love so his work drew me in – like a moth to a flame. I love his work, the idea they represent and the nostalgic feeling of love. When you see his work, a few lines, his signature drawings, will just make you go, “Awwwww.” I cannot show you his work as it is on Flash but I strongly encourage you to look through them and feel your heart go *pitter* *patter*.
Some links to check out as well:
Kurt Halsey LJ Community
Kurt Halsey on Flickr
"I get all the arguments against it, I even get the one that say I don’t know if I want to bring another kid into this world. But how do you argue against the logic of loving one that is already here."
for making photo journals